McHenry Chamber of Commerce
The McHenry Area Chamber serves area residents and its 650+ members by providing services and programs to enhance the growth and development of the local business community, as well as to improve the quality of life for those who live and work in the greater McHenry Area.
How to reach your 2023 Goals With Help from the McHenry Area Chamber of Commerce
The majority of business owners set yearly goals, however, 92% of all yearly goals are not met, according to a University of Scranton research study. That’s a lowly 8% success rate.
How can you make your 2023 business targets easier to achieve?
First, let’s take a look at what research says improves your chances, according to a Dominican University study. Then keep reading to see how the McHenry Chamber can help you reach common business goals.
- Write Down Your Goals: People who write down their goal were statistically more likely to achieve it. This is the easiest step- write down a clear, measurable, and time bound goal.
Bonus tip: Post this goal where you will see it regularly.
- Make your goal public in some way: Those who sent their commitments to a friend accomplished significantly more than those who wrote action commitments or did not write their goals. Share your goals with your team, your family, coach, or a business peer group.
- Share weekly/regular progress reports to an accountability group or person: This had the largest impact on goal achievement, over any of the other strategies in this study.
What are your 2023 goals?
After choosing your goals, the next step is to create action steps that will help you reach that goal.
Many business owners and organizations come to the chamber looking for support in these 3 areas. The McHenry Chamber has many resources to help you reach these goals. Which can you take action on this year?
Increase Visibility and Company Recognition
In a crowded marketplace, it is easy to get overlooked or lost in the crowd. The McHenry Chamber loves to help get you in front of your ideal audience! Here are some ways to get your brand in front of the community.
- Advertising: Choose a membership package that includes free advertising, or choose a la carte opportunities to be seen by our audience of local community members and leaders, on the chamber website or our social platforms.
- Sponsor: Event sponsors get big visibility as the event is promoted and shared online, as well as during the event itself. We love our sponsors and strive to create best fit opportunities and varying price points.
- Monday Mentions/ E-blasts: All members can include text updates and events on our weekly email communication at no additional cost. Choose a package that includes e-blasts and set yourself apart with a linked graphic ad for our Midweek Member Deal email.
- Web Presence on McHenryChamber.com: Just being a member gives you additional visibility by having a listing in our online business directory. You can update this listing as you choose, and if you are a Preferred Membership (or higher), you can add videos, pictures, socials, and hyperlinks to use it as an additional business landing page.
Broaden Circle of Referrals and Community Connections
New in town, or wanting to broaden your reach locally? Often the chamber is a business’s first stop when looking for new areas to market to or connect with. Sometimes micro businesses and entrepreneurs are looking for a business tribe and community to belong to, as running a business can be isolating.
- Volunteer: Support your local community, improve your leadership skills, and get to know other locals on a deeper level when you volunteer to help at an event or sit on a planning committee.
- Join an MC Group: McHenry Chamber hosts 9 referral networking groups. Each one has their own personality and monthly meeting times. These groups get to know each other’s businesses and help spread the word about them to their personal and professional circles.
- Get Involved in a Group: The Chamber hosts targeted groups to help you find your tribe. Meeting of the MINDS is a monthly support group for entrepreneurs, solopreneurs, and small business owners. WINGS is our women’s networking luncheon that is hosted every other month. McHenry’s Next is a monthly group for young professionals in the area to meet and have fun.
Get More People in the Door or to the Website
Businesses and Nonprofits need people coming in, in order to survive and thrive. Chamber events and the McHenry Chamber website are a natural and fun way to get more foot traffic or digital attention.
- Signature Event Opportunities: The McHenry Chamber hosts fun and community filled events throughout the year. We love to put our members front and center at these events. Host a booth, be a business stop, or get involved so you don’t miss out on being a part of big events like Fiesta Days, Wine Walks, and the Holiday Walk.
- Coupons and Member Deals: Add a coupon on our app to help encourage new or returning customers to visit your business or website. You can also add a members only deal. These coupons also post on our facebook page.
- Ribbon Cuttings and Mixers: These events are a great way to invite people into your business! We help you promote and share the event picture afterwards.
- Never Eat Alone Lunches: Own a restaurant? We meet monthly at a different member restaurant to socialize and eat a great meal together. Let us showcase your place!
Let the McHenry Area Chamber help you reach your 2023 business goals!
When you are ready to join us at the McHenry Chamber, or just want to talk out the options, contact Robin Walker at Robin@mchenrychamber.com or (815)385-4395.
Already a member and want to learn more about using your membership? Register for Maximizing Your Membership on February 13th at 12:00pm.
Robin Walker, Director of Membership Development McHenry Area Chamber of Commerce