Christine is the Business Development Manager for Restoration 1.
Preparing Your Home for the Spring Thaw
- Drip outside faucets 24 hours a day (5 drops per minute).
- Remove wrappings on outdoor spigots to allow water to drip to the ground.
- Open cabinet doors under sinks adjacent to outside walls.In sustained sub-freezing weather, let water drip slowly from inside faucets. If possible, collect this water to reuse for other purposes (water your plants).
- Check your roof for ice dams and check for interior damage so mold doesn’t form.
- Check your dryer and heating vents to make sure they are not covered with snow.
Sometimes, even when we try, we can’t prevent damage. To keep it to a minimum, learn where you water shut-off valve is in your home. If you do have water damage, have an expert check to make sure mold is not forming inside your walls.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact Restoration 1 – we’re available 24/7.
Restoration 1 of Cary